Friday, September 09, 2005

No. 43.5, Vol. 4 - My Fat Tire 40 Secret Weapon



Gaansari Whirlwind 29er
This will be my sixth (or seventh? can't recall) running of the Chequamegon Fat Tire Fest 40-mile race in Hayward, Wisconsin on Sept. 17. I've always ridden wacky bikes because that's what I like: Breezer Jet Stream with moustache bars; Salsa Ala Carte; Rivendell cyclocross, etc.

For 2005, though, I'm opting for my Gaansari Whirlwind 29er with gold Chris King 1-1/8" headset; On-One Midge bars; Cane Creek aero brake levers; Tektro cyclocross rear lever; Shimano A550 cantilever brakes; Primo SGT 175mm cranks; Brooks Conquest sprung saddle; Shimano 18T BMX single-speed freewheel with FSA single 42-tooth chainring up front; SRAM PC-1 chain; Crank Bros. Candy pedals; Gaansari GoldenBoy 100/135mm SS/fixed gear hubset laced with DT Swiss Champion spokes to Salsa Delgado 29er rims. I'm also running Ritchey 29er tires (29x2.1"). The conditions are fast and dry, perfect for a rigid Steve Potts-style rig. I'll post full results on Sept. 19-ish.









1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ritchey 29'er tires? Do tell...

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home